*** REGISTER FOR OUR APRIL VACATION CLINIC AND SUMMER CAMPS! ***
April Vacation Basketball Clinic
Our camps offer a unique combination of on court skill development, skills challenges, education, and game play.....creating an uptempo environment where players have a blast improving both their physical skills and Basketball IQ. Our camp program:
Location: ForeKicks Marlborough
SAVE THE DATE: 2021 Summer Basketball Camps:
SAVE THE DATE: 2021 Blazers SELECT Camps:
We expect to start registering for the following Camps shortly so please SAVE THE DATE:
COVID PROTOCOLS FOR SKILLS SESSIONS:
ALL PLAYERS NEED TO HAVE A MASK ON AT ALL TIMES, from when they leave their car until they get back in their car, only pulling it down when drinking water (and 6ft from anyone else while doing so).
Protocols for Players/Families at Home:
- Parents are being asked to be especially vigilant to monitor players and anyone else in the family unit for potential symptoms. The CDC has an updated list of symptoms at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html. Note: they also have a nice interactive “Coronavirus Self-Checker” available on this page which walks you through a series of questions.
- If a member of the family unit (including the player) or anyone they have come in contact with has tested positive for COVID-19, the player must stay home and the club must be notified immediately via email
- As both parents and children are increasing their interactions with others, obviously everyone needs to be smart about protecting friends and family members that are at higher risk (older people, those with reduced immune systems, etc.) by avoiding direct or indirect contact with those higher risk individuals.
- Prior to every session, parents must to do the following:
A) Take the player's temperature. If it is more than 100.4, the player should stay home and the club must be notified.
B) Check the player for any of the following symptoms. If the player has any, they should stay home and the club must be notified.
Fever or chills
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Muscle or body aches
New loss of taste or smell
Congestion or runny nose
Nausea or vomiting
C) Review the suggested “Practice Behaviors” with the player (see below regarding coughing, sneezing, mouthguards, etc.)
- Players should go to the bathroom before practice (to minimize need to use a shared bathroom)
Protocols for Players/Coaches when on the Court:
- PLAYERS SHOULD STAY IN THE CAR UNTIL THE DESIGNATED TIME AND HAVE A MASK ON AS THEY EXIT THE CAR.
- We will have a sanitizing station at each session with hand sanitizer/paper towels (one player at a time, 6 ft distancing). The Shrewsbury Club will be taking everyone's temperature when they come in (those over 100.4 will not be allowed in) and everyone will be encouraged to use the hand sanitizer at the front entrance.
- Players, coaches, and anyone involved in the session must wear a mask at all times
- Players should bring an inflated basketball (cleansed/sanitized before leaving home and upon return). Players should bring plenty of water in water bottles that are CLEARLY marked with their name on them. Players should bring all of their belongings in a bag.
- Players will be required to place their bag/belongings in such a way to ensure they are 6ft apart from other players' belongings.
- Players will be reminded of appropriate "Practice Behaviors", including not removing masks to cough/sneeze (with trip to sanitizing station immediately after as needed)
- Mouthguards will be highly discouraged (unless medically necessary). If a player must wear a mouthguard, they will be reminded not to touch it with their hands after being placed in their mouth. If they do, a trip to the sanitizing station will be required immediately.
- Parents will be required to remain outside of any practice facility, and should follow state guidelines (wear mask, maintain physical distancing, avoid high-touch surfaces, etc.).
- The facility we are renting may have additional safety protocols that we will be required to adhere to
Keep in mind these protocols may be adjusted based on new guidance from the state, local authorities, or the facilities we are using.