*** REGISTRATION IS OPEN FOR OUR PRE-SEASON "DISTANCED SKILLS PROGRAM" ***
Fall Pre-Season Skills Program: Weekly on Sundays or Tuesdays
THE SKILLS FACTORY
An 8 week skills program for Boys and Girls in Grades 3-10
The Skills Factory is our most popular skills program of the year! This fall the program will be a "distanced skills program", which means there will be no contact and players will need to maintain 6 feet of distance at all times and only use their own basketball. See below for more info on our COVID protocols. While there will be a focus on all of the core fundamentals (shot mechanics, game intensity shooting drills, ball handling, moves and finishing, etc.), players will also work on their strength, speed, and agility. As we did during our "distanced" camps over the summer, we will use a variety of skills competitions to make skill development fun for all players. Here are the details - we hope your son or daughter can make it!
Sunday Session: 8 Sundays starting 9/13 and ending on 11/1 (6:00-7:15pm)
Tuesday Session: 8 Tuesdays starting 9/15 and ending on 11/3 (6:45-8:00pm)
Location: The Shrewsbury Club in Shrewsbury
Program Fee: just $175 for 8 sessions!
SPACE IS VERY LIMITED THIS FALL, SO PLEASE REGISTER EARLY!
|CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS AND REGISTRATION|
MOST IMPORTANT: ALL PLAYERS NEED TO HAVE A MASK WITH THEM AT ALL TIMES. The re-opening guidance requires that players wear a mask on their way IN and OUT of the court area, and be on them at all times so when they are not doing an activity (during breaks, discussions, etc.) they can put it on. We suggest players wear shorts that have a pocket to hold the mask.
Protocols for Players/Families at Home:
- Parents are being asked to be especially vigilant to monitor players and anyone else in the family unit for potential symptoms. The CDC has an updated list of symptoms at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html. Note: they also have a nice interactive “Coronavirus Self-Checker” available on this page which walks you through a series of questions.
- If a member of the family unit (including the player) or anyone they have come in contact with has tested positive for COVID-19, the player must stay home and the club must be notified immediately via email
- Prior to every session, parents must to do the following:
A) Take the player's temperature. If it is more than 100.4, the player should stay home and the club must be notified.
B) Check the player for any symptoms. If the player has any, they should stay home and the club must be notified.
C) Review the suggested “Practice Behaviors” with the player (see below regarding coughing, sneezing, mouthguards, etc.)
- Players should go to the bathroom before practice (to minimize need to use a shared bathroom)
Protocols for Players/Coaches when on the Court:
- PLAYERS SHOULD STAY IN THE CAR UNTIL THE DESIGNATED TIME AND HAVE A MASK ON AS THEY EXIT THE CAR.
- We will have a sanitizing station at each session with hand sanitizer/paper towels (one player at a time, 6 ft distancing). The Shrewsbury Club will be taking everyone's temperature when they come in (those over 100.4 will not be allowed in) and everyone will be encouraged to use the hand sanitizer at the front entrance.
- Masks must be worn whenever players are not doing an activity
- Players should wear a pair of shorts that has a pocket to hold their mask. Players should bring an inflated basketball (cleansed/sanitized before leaving home and upon return). Players should bring plenty of water in water bottles that are CLEARLY marked with their name on them. Players should bring all of their belongings in a bag.
- Coaches will be required to wear a mask
- Players will be required to place their bag/belongings in such a way to ensure they are 6ft apart from other players' belongings.
- Players will be reminded of appropriate "Practice Behaviors", including covering coughs and sneezes, and not touching their eyes/nose/mouth
- Mouthguards will be highly discouraged (unless medically necessary). If a player must wear a mouthguard, they will be reminded not to touch it with their hands after being placed in their mouth. If they do, a trip to the sanitizing station will be required immediately.
- Parents will be required to remain outside of any practice facility, and should follow state guidelines (wear mask, maintain physical distancing, avoid high-touch surfaces, etc.).
Keep in mind these protocols may be adjusted based on new guidance from the state, local authorities, or the facilities we are using.